Today our baby turned a year. It was a day filled with emotion for me…I just can’t believe I’ve been a Mom for a year already. I feel like time just flew by and next thing I know he’ll be off to college (In state college!) As far as the day went it went like any other day…Connor was full of joy and as active as can be. He wasn’t awake for more than 30 minutes and the house was torn apart. It didn’t help that I got out his play tent that was a hand me down from cousin Ashley…he loved it and spent most of the day going in and out and pushing it around. He also loves his pool (also a hand me down from cousin A) full of plastic balls. Both the tent and the balls are for his party this weekend but I have a feeling they will be out all summer. I’ve been storing them in the formal living room…good thing we don’t ever use it.
Sid actually came home early today as was here when Connor woke up from his afternoon nap…much to his delight. He loves his Daddy! Connor chose homemade chicken strips and broccoli for his birthday dinner and we were happy to oblige although we had homemade onion rings instead of broccoli. Of course we (I?) couldn’t wait for the main event…cake! Giant cupcake – 1 Connor – 0…in other words it didn’t go over like I expected and he seemed downright scared of the thing. It was a good thing I had back up…which he rather enjoyed. I still think I’ll make another giant cupcake for his party but possibly skip the candy liner…haven’t decided yet.
All and all a great day for a great boy!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Connor mid clap …love it!
So glad the individual month pictures are OVER…C was over it too!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment