Poor Connor. It started Saturday with a low grade fever. He was doing all his normal things laughing, eating, playing, sleeping so I really thought nothing of it. I figured he could be teething...even though I know there is some controversy about if teething even causes a fever. We went to Ikea and despite losing his binkie half way through Connor was still in good spirts. I could tell he was tired but since we were there during afternoon nap time that wasn't a surprise. Grandma Sandra was coming over to watch Connor Sunday morning so we could go back to Ikea and get the deal of the day. We woke up like any other day and Connor ate like normal but still had the low grade fever. I gave him some Tylenol and again he seemed like normal. I was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for us and Connor was playing on the floor. He was quickly losing patience with this scenario but he still seemed fine. Then I hear Sid say something and I turn around and there is Connor sitting in a puddle of throw up. I quickly pick him up and he throws up again. I head to the changing table and he does it again. I strip us down and go sit down where he does it 3 or 4 more times. At this point I'm freaked and decided that we should go to urgent care. On the way there he throws up again and throws up a few more times while we are checking in. He's also go the most fowl smelling gas...like eggs! What is wrong with my baby?! Is it something I fed him the day before? Did he eat something off the floor? Does he have that swine flu? Well urgent care was a waste of $30 and a drive down the street because after all that throwing up he seemed fine. His temp was 99.7 and all other vitals were fine. GREAT 1st time Mom overreaction...but if you would of seen him projectile vomiting what would you have done? We spent the rest of the day cuddled up on the couch or in our bed sleeping and resting. I tried to keep him hydrated by nursing him often and then we gave him some applesauce, puffs and crackers. He seemed to want what I was eating but felt it was best to keep his diet pretty bland. Since he likes to feed himself he was quite content with the crackers.
This AM he seems to be in better spirts he's still a little clingy and somewhat whiny but is playing a little bit. We will rest some more today and stick to a bland diet and hope he feels better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment