Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence day

We had a low key 4th at home (oh how things change when you have two little babies!) but I have to say it was probably one of the best holiday weekends! We had good food (fried catfish and fresh crab two night in a row!), fun and lots of family time...plus a little construction project. The night before we let Connor have some pop its...I loved them when I was a kid! He didn't quite understand that you needed to throw them and Sid showed them how to step on them so of course that is all he wanted to do.





Time for bed :(

These are the BOMB! The are fudge & banana Popsicles. You can't get these in stores so I actually bought 11 off the ice cream man at $2 a piece...luckly I got 1 free! :) Connor enjoyed them too but I charged him for it! :)


He could not stopping watching Tom build the shed.

Yes rain boots on a hot dry day...sometimes you don't fight with a 2yo


The big night! We got our jammies on, grabbed our camping chairs and headed to the front lawn...this is Covington after all! Thanks to the Loos for letting us crash their side of the yard and watch their fireworks. We have some people down the way in the neighborhood who must of spent HUNDREDS of dollars on fireworks because it was a waterfront worthy show. We let Connor stay up unitl 10:30 and he had a blast! The fireworks woke Sydney and I brought her out to check them out and her eyes got so big and she just stared at them. Next year I recommend everyone just come to our house and skip the waterfront! :)

The girls next store showed him how to throw the pop its


1st sparkler!

The look in his eyes scares me!


This is the last sparkler because he then grabbed it with the other hand nearly burning himself


This was his mood pretty much all night

Watching a BIG one!

No comments:

Post a Comment