Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Start of a new trend?



After we got back from Seaside we decided we were going to move Connor into his crib. That's why we put all of that effort into his room ...so he would sleep in it right? The 1st night he woke up a few times after I put him down...we shoved (not really shoved!) the binky back in his mouth and off to dream land he went. Sid was concerned he was scared by his mobile...but I left it up anyway. About 2:30ish he was makin noises and fussin and I was sick of getting up to put the binky in his mouth so I brought him to bed with us...he slept till 8:30. At this point I thought maybe he was not ready for his crib. I spent all day monday trying to get him to nap in his crib...only for him to wake up SCREAMING! Oh but he did nap just fine in his swing and again later in the evening in Daddy's arms. GREAT I'm thinking...late nap is going to mean a LONG night for Mommy! Well I fed him as much as I could then went upstairs and rocked him to sleep...plopped him down in his bed, covered him up and left the room. I got ready for bed just waiting for him to wake up and need comforting...silence! Ok now I'm worried ...must go check if he's breathing...he is! I climb into bed...it's 11:05 both baby and Daddy are asleep and I followed quickly. I wake up at 3:27 wondering why I am dreaming about Jon Gosslin and with a sudden urge to pee...then I realize...CONNOR oh my goodness I haven't heard him. I practically run to towards his room...but I have to pee 1st and I can't hold it. Well there Connor is sleeping soundly...almost sideways?!?! Hmmm I did not put him down that way...back to bed I go. Cough Cough Cough...not Connor...ME! Ugh now I can't sleep. I lay awake for about an hour and it seemed once I finally fell asleep Sid's alarm was going off. Instead of getting up I tell him to check Connor...he must of been fine because next thing I know Sid's kissing me goodbye...back to sleep I go. Connor finally woke up at 7:30. He slept nearly 9 hours...without a peep! Please please tell me this will last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment