Friday, July 24, 2009

Awesome things that happened in July!

July was a busy month for Connor.
I'm almost 99% sure that we went through a growth spurt. For a few days he either ate every hour (ugh!) or slept for hours on end (which gave me time to get things done) and not matter which one he wanted to do he would fight me on it. I'll be honest it was a bit frustrating but in the end it was worth it. After all this Connor decided he no longer cared to be swaddled at night. I awoke at 3 am for a feeding and he was undone! So I put him back down without swaddling and we haven't looked back since. I think it made him sleep better. On July 19th he slept through the night and did it again the next night. By STTN I mean he went down at 9:30-10 and slept till 5am. On the 3rd night he only slept till 4am but it's back to 5am now. I can't tell you what a difference it makes for me getting those extra 2 hours. Thank you monkey for giving me 7 hours of sleep!

We also got Connor a play mat...and he LOVES it! I put him down and he will kick his feet and wave his arms and just goes to town hitting the hanging toys! It also has a kick pad that plays music and has lights and he seems to really get excited when he kicks it and it goes off. He's not the biggest fan of tummy time yet but we still try for a few minutes each time.

This month we also found ourselves SICK of the infant carseat. It was just to heavy and awkward so we moved him to his big boy convertable carseat. I have to say I was and still am nervous about it. Sid installed it and of course I went and inspected it. I know Sid did a good job but a Mom never stops worrying. Connor seems to enjoy it though and does well in it. He's just growing so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment